A PERFECT LOCATION.
Feel like you are away from it all on a quiet side street with sweeping views. But enjoy the advantage of being only one block from the center of Queen Charlotte.
The location of the inn is second to none. Enjoy the peace and quiet of a side street location while still being within walking distance of all Queen Charlotte has to offer including restaurants, grocery stores, local shops, the marina, the farmers market, visitor centre, the pub and more. To add to the convenient central location, the inn is wonderfully perched on a hill and enjoys sweeping views of the inlet, mountains, and the marina.
The delights of the Village of Queen Charlotte are an easy 5-minute walk from the Inn. Make a quick stop at the local coffee shop or pub to relax, or stroll the seaside docks and enjoy the marina life. You can treat your palette by stocking up at the local farmers market, health food store or grocery store – all within easy walking distance. Need to get the kids out? Just down the hill is the visitor centre with a saltwater touch tank where they can safely enjoy the local fauna. You can take them for a walk along the ocean to the playground and baseball fields, only 650 m away. Another fun children’s activity at low-tide is looking for intertidal life on the beach. If you are leaving for an adventure by plane or boat, you are in the perfect spot; both the marina and floatplane docks are just down the hill.
If you have a car then all of Haida Gwaii can be reached within a day’s drive. The longest drives are to Tow Hill and North Beach, both only 131 km from the inn, or about 1 3/4 hours away. Rennell Sound is just under 40 km away, but allow an hour due to unpaved roads. All other destinations on Graham Island are less than 90 minutes away. Tlell is only a paved, 40 km drive. Port Clements is 66 km and Masset is 107 km away.
The ferry terminal is 5 km from the inn, and is your gateway to Moresby Island. The 20-minute ferry crossing brings you to the Alliford Bay ferry landing, where you start your Moresby island adventure. Sandspit is only 13 km away, Grey Bay 37 km, and Moresby Camp 29 km – all on unpaved roads.
WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
- Floatplane dock (0.36 km/0.22 miles)
- Marina docks (0.25 km/0.16 miles)
- Hospital/pharmacy (0.27 km/0.17 miles)
- Pub/sports bar/Liquor Store (0.16 km/0.10 miles)
- Green Coast Kayak (0.40 km/0.25 miles)
- Convienience Store (0.28 km/0.17 miles)
- Grocery Store (0.34 km/0.21 miles)
- Health Food Store (0.33 km/0.20 miles)
- Visitor Centre (0.34 km/0.21 miles)
- Coffee Shop (0.25 km/0.16 miles)
- Spirit Square (0.34 km/0.21 miles)
- Ocean-side Playground (0.67 km/0.42 miles)
- Hayden Turner Park (3.5 km/2.2 miles)
WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE
- Skidegate Landing (5.0 km/3.1 miles)
- Sandspit/Airport (19.5 km/12.1 miles)
- Masset/Airport (109 km/67.7 miles)
- Tlell (40 km/24.8 miles)
- Port Clements (66 km/41 miles)
- Kagan Bay (6.8 km/4.2 miles)
- Yakoun Lake Trailhead (26 km/16.2 miles)
- Rennell Sound (38 km/23.6 miles); 52 km to Bonanza Beach
- Haida Gwaii Museum/Gwaii Haanas Office (5.9 km/3.7 miles)
- Jungle Beach (22 km/13.7 miles)
- Music Festival (46 km/28.6 miles)
- Golden Spruce Trail (72 km/44.7 miles)
- Tow Hill/North Beach (131 km/81.4 miles)